For the most up-to-date information, please consult the UAMS Student and Employee Health website.
- Immunizations — The following are the UAMS required immunizations prior to enrollment:
- Two MMR vaccines (or positive measles, mumps, rubella titers)
- TDAP vaccine, Hepatitis B – Positive (Reactive) Surface Antibody Titer
- Varicella vaccines (students must show documentation of 2 doses of Varicella vaccine, or a varicella titer showing immunity, or a health care provider documentation of varicella diseases or herpes zoster)
- Negative two-Step TB Skin test (two TB skin test placements and two TB skin test reads) or IGRA/T-spot (Blood draw)
- COVID 19: Documentation of two doses of Pfizer/Moderna or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccinations
- Health Insurance — All students admitted to a College of Nursing degree or certificate program are required to have major medical health insurance coverage at all times that meet minimum standards as designated by UAMS. For health insurance information, please refer to the information on the UAMS Campus Life and Student Support Services website.
- Background Check and Drug Screening — All College of Nursing applicants who are offered admission to a program must complete a background check and drug screening. Background checks and drug screenings are meant to ensure the safety and compliance of all College of Nursing students with various clinical sites. If you have questions or concerns about these two items, please contact the Student Services office CONAdmissions@uams.edu or by calling 501-686-5224.