Do I need to have nursing administration/management experience before coming into this specialty?
- No. While it may be helpful, it is not a requirement to have been a manager or administrator.
Can I sit for certification upon completion of this specialty?
- There are 2 different levels and 4 possible certifications to sit for as a nurse executive.
- You will qualify didactically to sit for the highest levels of certification with your Master’s degree in Nursing Administration…however…
- All certifications also have a work requirement as a nurse manager/executive, so you must meet those requirements as well before sitting for the certification exam(s).
What are the benefits of also taking the Nursing Education Specialty courses?
- Our program highly encourages our students to add in the Nursing Education Specialty courses.
- We have designed our program of study such that only 2 additional courses are required to obtain both Nursing Administration and Nursing Education specialties.
- This provides our graduates with the opportunity to teach in a healthcare or academic setting.
What are the benefits of having a Master’s degree in Nursing Administration?
- A Masters in Nursing Administration is highly desirable by all healthcare organizations!
- Especially those that have or are seeking Magnet designation.
- Our graduates have gone on to become Coordinators, Directors, Supervisors, Assistant Chief Nursing Officers, Chief Nursing Officers, and Vice Presidents for Patient Care!
For more information on this great specialty, please call Dr. Neal Reeves, Nursing Administration Specialty Coordinator (501) 526-6137.