Important General Notes
When your application is received, you will be contacted via e-mail if there are any missing or incomplete items. Please notify the Student Services Office at email@example.com immediately if you have any changes in your e-mail address, your demographic information, or your educational information. When you register for graduate nursing classes in the semester you are accepted, the confirmation fee will be applied as a credit to your tuition total. Should you fail to register for nursing classes that semester, the confirmation fee will be forfeited (not refunded or carried-over). Note: All UAMS-College of Nursing students are required to complete a criminal background check/drug screen process annually as a part of their registration process.
Post BSN to DNP
Nurses who have completed a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing are eligible to apply for the post-BSN to DNP program. The applicant will need to meet all the admission requirements for the DNP program. In addition to meeting the admission requirements, a minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience is strongly recommended prior to admission. A minimum of 2000 verified experience hours is required prior to admission to the Advanced Health Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning course.
Post Masters to DNP
- Earned master’ in nursing in an advanced nursing practice specialty or nursing administration from a nationally accredited institution
- Proof of unencumbered Arkansas or unencumbered Texas RN license (Bowie County only)
- Proof of unencumbered Arkansas or unencumbered Texas (Bowie County only) advanced practice nursing license (if applicable)
- Certification as an advanced practice registered nurse (if applicable)
- Proof of cumulative graduate nursing degree GPA of at least 3.00 required
- Proof of hours of precepted (supervised) graduate clinical hours
- Successful completion of TOEFL requirement within 30 days of application deadline if required
- A personal interview is required either on campus, via telephone or Skype (During your interview you will need a copy of your CV, and you will complete an essay)
- Review of statistics or refresher statistics course is strongly recommended prior to enrollment