Students who are current, returning and/or or newly accepted for admission to the Bachelor of Science Nursing program, the Master of Nursing Science program, the Doctor of Nursing Practice program, or the PhD in Nursing program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Nursing are encouraged to investigate possible sources of loans and scholarships. All students are encouraged to submit applications. Scholarships are awarded based on various criteria. Some are financial needs while others are academic excellence or other criteria such as a specific type of nursing interest.
Endowed scholarships for the UAMS College of Nursing have been made possible through the generosity of donors and alumni of this College.
The 2023-2024 College of Nursing scholarship application will open in February 2023.
Eligibility and Requirements
- All UAMS employees (including faculty) who are receiving UAMS financial support for school (i.e.: UA tuition discount or UAMS education contract) are NOT eligible for CON scholarships. This does not apply to loans or scholarships awarded by external agencies (such as the Graduate Nurse Loan Program, ASBON, professional organizations, etc.)
- Funding is available for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students.
- Scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of scholastic ability, leadership qualities, and financial need.
- A student’s funding is subject to the maintenance of satisfactory academic work and the completion of all of the requirements listed on the application form and scholarship agreement.
- Students can apply for the College of Nursing Scholarships once they have made an application to any College of Nursing degree-seeking program (post-masters certification students and non-degree-seeking students are not eligible). However, the Awards & Scholarship Committee will only award scholarships to students who have been admitted by May 1st each year.
- Applications received past the due date and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Most scholarships are awarded for fall and spring only except for the full paid scholarships.
- All applicants have to submit 2020 tax return documentation. (Documentation is only accepted through the mail.)
UAMS College of Nursing
4301 West Markham, #529
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone (501) 686-5224