The UAMS College of Nursing will provide a $2,000 scholarship for Academic Year 2023-2024 to new Bachelor of Science (BSN) students entering the junior class. This will include students admitted to the Accelerated BSN program in May 2023 and those admitted to the traditional BSN for Fall 2023. This award will be for $1,000 for the fall 2023 and spring 2024 semesters only.
Q & A:
- Is the scholarship guaranteed for the next academic year? No.
- Can students apply for other scholarships? Yes, they are encouraged to apply for additional scholarships.
- Can students who were admitted in 2021, but are coming back as juniors in Fall 2022 get the scholarship? No, this scholarship is only for newly admitted BSN students. Students who started in 2021 are not eligible for this scholarship. However, they are encouraged to apply for other scholarships offered by the CON.
- What about BSN seniors? Can they get this automatic $2,000 scholarship? No, but they are encouraged to apply for other scholarships offered by the College of Nursing.
- What about graduate students? Graduate students are encouraged to apply for other scholarships offered by the CON. There are a number of scholarships specifically designated for graduate students.