Learn more about NursingCAS
OAA application tips:
- Please select the following as your application’s “Admit Term” when completing the online application.
- Fall 20xx for August and October entry
- Spring 20xx for January and March entry
- Summer 20xx for May entry
- Upon successful submission (including paying the application fee) of your application, applicants will receive an email providing login information to GUS. Applicants are encouraged to log on and track the status of their application. Please check often as these items are updated frequently.
- Please note, application fees are non-refundable and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Materials due – March 1 for summer admission (May start)
- Materials due – June 1 for the first fall session (August start)
- Materials due – November 1 for the first spring session (January start)
- Only licensed RNs who have graduated or will be graduating from an NLN accredited or Arkansas State Board of Nursing approved nursing program are eligible to apply to earn a UAMS College of Nursing BSN degree.
- An OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from EVERY post-secondary school ever attended is required in a SEALED envelope from each issuing institution.
- The general education prerequisites GPA less elective hours will be used to determine acceptance to this program. Admission to the Master of Nursing Science program is competitive and will be ranked by the GPA calculated from the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. Those interested in the DNP program should visit the DNP page.
- Applicants are required to complete an application through NursingCAS and OAA system.
- You will receive TWO emails when applying through OAA. The first email will be after you have created an application account. The second email will be created after you have SUBMITTED your RN to BSN application (meaning you have paid your application fee). The second email will provide you with important GUS account information.