Students who make application for admission to the Bachelor of Science Nursing program, the Master of Nursing Science program, the Doctor of Nursing Practice program or the PhD in Nursing program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Nursing are encouraged to investigate possible sources of loans and scholarships. Endowed scholarships for the UAMS College of Nursing have been made possible through the generosity of donors and alumni of this College.
All currently enrolled students and future students who have made application to one of the college’s degree programs are eligible to apply for scholarships. You do not have to wait until you have received your acceptance letter to apply for scholarships. All students are encouraged to submit applications. Scholarships are awarded based on various criteria. Some are financial need while others are academic excellence or other criteria such as a specific type of nursing interest.
2016 – 17 General Scholarship Application is now closed. Award letters will go out the second week of June.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- All UAMS employees (including faculty) who are receiving UAMS financial support for school (i.e.: UA tuition discount or UAMS education contract) are not eligible for CON scholarships. This does not apply to loans or scholarships awarded by external agencies (such as Graduate Nurse Loan Program, ASBON, professional organizations, etc.)
- Funding is available for degree seeking undergraduate and graduate students.
- Scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of scholastic ability, leadership qualities, and financial need.
- A student’s funding is subject to the maintenance of satisfactory academic work and the completion of all of the requirements listed on the application form and scholarship agreement.
- Students can apply for College of Nursing Scholarships once they have made application to any College of Nursing degree seeking program (post masters certification students and non degree seeking students are not eligible). However, the Awards & Scholarship Committee will only award scholarship to students who have been admitted by May 1st each year.
- Applications received past the due date and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Most scholarships are awarded for fall and spring only except for the full paid scholarships.
UAMS College of Nursing
4301 West Markham, #529
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone (501) 686-5374