Accelerated RN to BSN or RN to BSN/MNSc
Welcome to the UAMS College of Nursing Accelerated RN to BSN or RN to BSN/MNSc program. This program is designed for the registered nurse who wants to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
About the RN to BSN Program
The profession of nursing is evolving to meet the healthcare needs of today’s population. As noted by the Institute of Medicine’s (2010) Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health report, the nursing profession is charged with assisting nurses to become lifelong learners and to increase the number of baccalaureate prepared nurses from 50% to 80% by 2020.
The College of Nursing provides registered nurses who have a diploma or associate degree in nursing an opportunity to broaden their education through flexible, online programs. This program consists of 26 nursing credit hours and 58 prerequisite hours. Graduates of the RN programs increase their career options, establish a foundation for graduate studies, and are equipped to become effective leaders of the future.
- Flexible scheduling for the busy life
- 5 program start times
- 7 ½ week courses
- 12-18 month completion (12 months for the Accelerated RN to BSN program)
- Students may be able to complete up to 21 hours of specific prerequisites after being admitted to the program
- Completely online
- Master’s courses available for students with a GPA greater than 2.85
- Project-based capstone at end of program
Phone (501) 686-5374